Wed, 09 Aug|
CAVA ADULTS - Bukit Brown Nature & History Walk
National Day Special - Come with us to this nature oasis in Singapore's oldest closed cemetery. Discover how history has preserved nature, and how nature might save this slice of history in return.
Time & Location
09 Aug, 9:00 am – 11:00 am GMT+8
Singapore, 36C Lor Halwa, Singapore 298637
About The Event
Hi everyone, we are CAVA!!
We organise trips that are REALLY FUN, give back to the community and help the environment at the same time. Our mission as an organisation is to preserve Singapore's wonderful natural places and care for our living, breathing planet. To do this we will head to Bukit Brown Cemetery to hike and clean!
Bukit Brown Cemetery is a historical place, and this hiking adventure happens on Singapore's National Day. This special walk will bring you through the nature trails within Bukit Brown itself, and be interlaced with stories of Singapore's journey of independence.
Adventures organised - 6
No of Participants - 20
Whatsapp - +65 91379252
WHEN - 9 August 2023, 9am to 11am
WHO - Anyone over 18 who likes the outdoors. (NO EQUIPMENT OR EXPERIENCE NECESSARY)
PLEASE NOTE to comply with STB legal requirements in Singapore we cannot accept tourists on our adventures. (Tourist is defined as anyone who has a visa of less than 90 days)
WHERE - Bukit Brown Cemetery Gates
(Exact meeting location will be sent to you after you register on the website)
- Introduction into the history of Singapore at the gates. Group Photo!
- Start off with some shade under some of the oldest trees in Singapore.
- Learn about nature and motifs in the cemetery.
- Spot some local wildlife in the forest.
- Visit an old natural stream and learn about the significance of water to Singapore.
- Hike up for picturesque views of the forest.
- Join the CAVA Community.
1. Meet at 9 AM at the hike start point.
2. Do a fun get-to-know-you warm up exercise.
3. Start the hike along Lorong Halwa.
4. Marvel at Nature and beauty. Focus on sounds of nature along the way
5. Spot local wildlife if lucky.
7. Historical view Points
8. Specific thank you
9. Finish hike and take bus to mrt
10. Say goodbye
CONTRIBUTION - SGD$20
INCLUDES - meetups group cost, leader expenses, insurance
DOES NOT INCLUDE - transport to meet up point or from the trail end
(Estimated - 5SGD - You will be sent a transport sharing spreadsheet use this to share transport with others going on the adventure)
1. Walking Shoes
2. Water - At least 1 litres of water for drinking
3. Snacks along the route as and when you need
4. Plastic bags to pick up rubbish
5. Hat and Sunscreen
6. Insect repellant
CAVA Singapore is a non-profit community devoted to protecting our environment by getting more people to interact with and appreciate our beautiful planet. All our adventures are run collaboratively and it’s important that participants help each other and their group leader during the adventure.
LEADER REFUND POLICY
STRICT - If you change your mind, you can cancel within 24 hours. Thereafter, it is not possible to process a refund.
We hope you can come and enjoy this incredible place with us.
CAVA Adventures Team
Contribution for one person
Contribution for one person to join the adventure with us.