Sat, 27 Mar|
CAVA ADULTS - Camping Adventure - Lata Mecu and Lata Medang Waterfalls!! (Campsite Camping)
Join us to make friends and have fun at one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Malaysia!!
Time & Location
27 Mar 2021, 9:00 am – 28 Mar 2021, 1:00 pm
Lata Medang , Unnamed Road, 44000 Kuala Kubu Baru, Selangor, 44000, Selangor, Malaysia
About The Event
Hi everyone, we are camping adventures!! We organise trips that are REALLY FUN and help the environment at the same time.
We have discovered a really beautiful place to camp with few other people around. We're planning to go there on Saturday morning on the 27th of March. It's sure to be awesome!! I hope you can come with us, have some fun and make friends.
It’s quite an easy walk that takes about 5 to 10 minutes from the parking and we will camp right next to a river.
Check out this video from our last adventure in KL - https://www.facebook.com/106012164106804/videos/334928360957166
WHEN - 27th / 28th of March Saturday 9.00AM to Sunday 11:00AM
WHO - Anyone who is reasonably fit and likes the outdoors. No equipment or experience needed.
WHERE - 1 hour 30 minutes outside of KL (Kota Kubu Bharu)
1. Meet your cars and passengers at 7.30AM.
2. We will travel 1 hour and 30 minutes by car to Kota Kubu Bharu outside KL.
There is a place to park cars there the car park costs 1MYR.
3. Meet the whole group in Bukit Kutu Parking (Please follow the group Meetup signage shown there for places to park your cars).
4. Walk for 5 to 10 minutes from the parking to the campsite.
5. Do a fun, quick and short team building game.
6. Set up the tents and tarps and collect firewood for the evening.
7. Walk for 1.5 hours to reach Lata Mecu waterfall and have lunch there. Bring own lunch pack and share some food with others. (Remember to bring something!!)
8. Walk for another 3 mins from Lata Mecu after lunch to reach Lata Medang. We’ll be swimming and have some fun activities at both waterfalls.
9. Come back to the campsite and do some wood carving and other craft activities or just relax.
10. Everyone get involved in preparing group BBQ dinner together.
11. After if people still have energy, we will do a treasure hunt game!! There will be amazing prizes!!
12. We will camp out underneath the stars and tell some campfire stories.
13. Wake up Sunday 8:00AM and help make breakfast for the group.
14. Pack up the tents and clean-up the campsite.
15. Closing ceremony at 10:30AM
16. Arrive back at KL on Sunday 12:30PM
CONTRIBUTIONS - 55MYR
INCLUDES - This includes the cost of BBQ dinner & breakfast, prizes, games, campsite costs, kitchen equipment, fire lighters, group upkeep, equipment repair, website costs and meetup website cost.
DOES NOT INCLUDE - Transport to Lata Mecu and Lata Medang.
You can borrow one from the group.
One Tent = 30MYR (Can fit two people)
Car pooling - (Car pooling spreadsheet is sent to you by email after you register on our website)
1. Sensible shoes - No flip flops while hiking (please wear hiking boots or trainers)
2. Water - You will need 3 liters of water for drinking. There is no drinking water source there but there is a river.
3. Camping equipment - Tent, camping mat, sleeping bag (if you want) headtorch and mosquito spray.
Group 1 - Past the broken bridge (Maximum 10)
Naren (Camp Leader)
Adventures Organised - 4
No of Participants - 119
Group 2 - Past the broken bridge (Maximum 10)
Az (Camp Leader)
Adventures Organised - 4
No of Participants - 127
We hope you can come and enjoy this incredible place with us.
This is a contribution for one person to join the Adventure with us.
One Person + Tent
This is a contribution for one person and one tent. (The tent can fit 2 people)
One Person + Tent + Tarp
This is a contribution for one person with a tent (The tent can fit 2 people) and one tarp. (Useful in case of heavy rain)