Sat, 10 Sept|
CAVA ADULTS - Pulau Kapas Beach Camping Party & Volunteering Adventure!! (FREE STAY)
Our mission as an organisation is to preserve Malaysia's wonderful natural places and care for our living, breathing planet. To do this we will head to the mainland of Pulau Kapas, Pantai Kijing to clean it and then camp at Pulau Kapas.
Time & Location
10 Sept 2022, 8:00 am – 11 Sept 2022, 12:00 pm
Kapas Island, Kapas Island, Pulau Kapas, Terengganu, Malaysia
About The Event
Hi everyone we are the CAVA Community Kuala Lumpur!!
We organise adventures that are REALLY FUN and help the environment at the same time. Join us to help protect one of the most beautiful places in Malaysia!! We hope you can come with us, enjoy our beautiful natural environment, have some fun and make friends.
Bavanie, Ambuj, AZ & Chean Fai Soh (Camp Leaders)
Adventures Organised - 6
No of Participants - 85
Whatsapp - +601110624941
WHEN - 10th of September Saturday 8:00AM to 11th of September Sunday 12:00PM
WHO - Anyone over 18 who likes the outdoors. NO EQUIPMENT OR EXPERIENCE NECESSARY.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS - 30
WHERE - PULAU KAPAS, TERENGGANU
(Exact meeting location will be sent to you after you register on our website)
VOLUNTEERING ACTIVITY - Beach Cleanup
1. Clean the Beach
2. Recycle : Segregate garbage into recyclable categories
1. Explore the pristine clear waters of Pulau Kapas!!
2. Enjoy swimming in the sea
3. Go on a mesmerizing journey into the incredibly diverse marine life supported by coral reefs just by the shore (Snorkel)
4. Moongaze at the full moon
5. Protect the environment and volunteer
6. Make lots of new friends!!
7. Take part in lots of fun activities
8. Join the CAVA Community Kuala Lumpur!!
Friday (9th September)
1. Meet your cars/bus and passengers at 11.30pm or earlier (there are a few bus trips with different timings)
(You will receive a transport sharing spreadsheet by email after you register on our website. You can use this to organise transport.)
Saturday (10th September)
2. Meet the whole group at the jetty.
3. We will have breakfast
4. We will clean the beach near the jetty (Pantai Kijing) as this is source of the garbage in Kapas Island
5. We will segregate the garbage collected into categories for recycling purposes.
6. Have lunch and take the boat to Kapas Island
7. Arrive at campsite, set up things, shower.
8. Free & easy activities : Snorkeling, kayaking, indoor games, etc. (own cost)
9. Cook BBQ Dinner at campsite (provided)
Sunday (11th September)
10. Have breakfast at campsite (provided)
11.Head back to Kuala Lumpur. Should arrive back in KL at 7pm or before.
CONTRIBUTION - RM55
INCLUDES - the cost of the food, tents, campsite, games, activities, group equipment costs, registration fees, meetups website cost, cleaning equipment, insurance, leader expenses, equipment storage and equipment transport.
DOES NOT INCLUDE - Transportation to the meeting location (RM80 by bus), 2 way boat transfer (RM40), optional activities like snorkeling, kayaking. Snorkeling kits are available for rent at RM10. If you bring your own snorkeling kit, you can snorkel for free by the shore.
(About 50-70MYR each. You will be sent a car pooling spreadsheet link by email after you register on our website. Use this to share transport with others on the adventure.)
Public Transport (BUS)
(About 80MYR each. You will be sent a transport sharing spreadsheet link by email after you register on our website. Use this to share transport with others on the adventure.)
YOU MUST REGISTER on our website to join an adventure.
Signup is open!!
Included with the campsite!!
TO BRING FOR BEACH CLEAN UP
1. Sensible shoes or sandals for walking on the beach
2. GLOVES - rather than using single-use latex gloves, please purchase reusable gardening gloves to use over and over for clean-ups
3. Water - It is hot in Malaysia, please keep yourself hydrated. Please bring along your own water supply in a reusable water bottle. Mineral water bottles are RM5 in the island.
4. Hats to protect from the sun
5. Snacks to keep your energy up
TO BRING FOR CAMPING
1. Waterproof bag for valuables. (Smart phones, cameras / rain do not mix
2. Sleeping mat/bag/ground mat (for a comfortable sleep)
3. Clothes including swim wear
4. Own snorkeling kit (optional)
5. 3-4 Liters of Water for own use. (Please bring according to your needs).
6. Torchlight to walk around at night
7. Rain jacket
8. Snacks, other food items
9. Hammock (optional)
10. Toileteries (Environmental friendly ones)
CAVA Kuala Lumpur is a non-profit community devoted to protecting our environment by getting more people to interact with and appreciate our beautiful planet. All our adventures are run collaboratively and it’s important that participants help each other and their group leader during the adventure.
LEADER REFUND POLICY
STRICT - If you change your mind you can cancel within 24 hours but after this it is not possible to process a refund.
We hope you can come and enjoy this incredible place with us.
CAVA Adventures Team
+RM 1.38 service fee
This is a contribution for one person including campsite & tent and to join the Adventure with us.
+RM 1.38 service fee