Sat, 16 Apr|
CAVA ADULTS - Starlings Gap Camping Adventure!! (Campsite Camping)
Join us to make friends, protect the environment and have fun at one of the most beautiful national parks in Australia!!
Time & Location
16 Apr 2022, 8:00 am GMT+10 – 17 Apr 2022, 4:00 pm GMT+10
Ada, Big Creek Rd, Ada VIC 3833, Australia
About The Event
Hi we are CAVA!!
We organise trips that are REALLY FUN and help the environment at the same time. We’ve discovered a really beautiful place to camp surrounded by dense forest. We're planning to go there on Sat 29th January. It's sure to be awesome!! We hope you can come with us, enjoy our beautiful natural environment, have some fun and make friends.
Check out the video from the last CAVA adventure - https://www.facebook.com/106012164106804/videos/3815825655136107
Zac (Camp Leader)
Adventures Organised - 3
No of Participants - 20
Whatsapp - (+61)0488023544
WHEN - Sat 29th - Sun 30th January 2022
WHO - Anyone who likes the outdoors. NO EQUIPMENT OR EXPERIENCE NECESSARY.
WHERE - Starlings Gap Campground (https://goo.gl/maps/5vUcBhFoAxzC3rLP9)
- Campfire BBQ
- Football / frisbee / card games
- Rainforest Gallery (treetop walk)
- Mount Donna Buang Lookout
- Big Peninsula Tunnel + Goldfields hike
- Cement Creek Redwood Forest
- Roast marshmallows on the campfire
- After dinner games
- Clean up & beautify the area
- Meeting some awesome new friends!
1. Meet your cars and passengers at 8AM. (You will receive a transport sharing spreadsheet by email after you register on our website. You can use this to organise transport.)
2. We will travel 2 hours by car to Starlings Gap Campground near Warburton. There is a place to park cars there.
3. We will meet in the campsite at 10AM.
4. Set up the tents.
5. Fun team building activity.
6. Eat lunch at the campsite (if you wish you can bring some food to share)
7. Drive to Mount Donna Buang Lookout for a short hike.
8. Next stop, the incredibly beautiful Rainforest Gallery treetop walk.
9. Back at the campsite we'll have dinner under the stars and share stories.
1. 8AM - Breakfast (eggs, bacon, baked beans)
2. 9AM - Hiking! We'll first visit the incredible Big Peninsula Tunnel, and then find the Goldfields Trail for a hike through the forest, cleaning the trail as we go.
3. Lunch back at the campsite
4. Afternoon activities – football, play some card games or just relax.
5. After if people still have energy, we will do a game (possibly Truth or Dare). There will be amazing prizes!
6. 3PM - Pack up the tents.
7. 4PM - Drive to the Cement Creek Redwood Forest for a guided mindfulness meditation session and closing ceremony to finish the trip!
8. Arrive back in Melbourne Sunday ~8PM
CONTRIBUTION - $40
INCLUDES - the cost of the food, cooking & BBQ equipment, prizes, games, activities, meetups website cost, cleaning & campfire equipment, insurance, equipment storage and equipment transport.
DOES NOT INCLUDE - Transport to Starling’s Gap Campground
You can hire one from the group.
One Tent = $10 (Can fit two people)
(About $5 per person. You will be sent a car pooling spreadsheet link by email after you register on our website. Use this to share transport with others on the adventure.)
Signup is open!! Go to our website - (SIGNUP NOT OPEN YET)
1. Sensible shoes - No flip flops (hiking boots or sneakers)
2. Water - You will need 3 liters of water for drinking.
3. Camping equipment - Mosquito spray, camping mat, sleeping bag, headtorch and tent.
CAVA is a non-profit devoted to preserving our environment by getting more people to interact with and appreciate our beautiful planet. All our adventures are run collaboratively and it’s important that participants help each other and their group leader during the adventure.
If you change your mind you can cancel within 24 hours no problem, but after this it is not possible to process a refund.
We hope you can come and enjoy this incredible place with us.
CAVA Adventures Team
This is a contribution for one person to join the Adventure with us.A$25.00
One Person + Tent
This is a contribution for one person and one tent. (The tent can fit 2 people)A$35.00
One Person + Tent + Tarp
This is a contribution for one person with a tent (The tent can fit 2 people) and one tarp. (Useful in case of heavy rain)A$40.00