Sun, 17 Jul|
West Dog's Teeth
CAVA ADULTS - West Dog's Teeth Lantau Island Hiking Adventure (Medium / Advanced Hike)
Join us to make friends, protect the environment and hike some of the most iconic places in Hong Kong!!
Time & Location
17 Jul 2022, 6:30 am – 2:30 pm
West Dog's Teeth, Lantau Island, Hong Kong
About The Event
Hi everyone! We are the CAVA Community Hong Kong!!
We organize FUN trips, give back to the community, and help the environment at the same time. Our mission as an organization is to preserve Malaysia's wonderful natural places and care for our living, breathing planet. To do this we will head to West Dog's Teeth to hike and clean!!
Marie (Hiking Leader)
Adventures Organised - 1
No of Participants - 6
Whatsapp - +85256972431
WHEN - 17th July Sunday 6:30 AM to 2:30 PM
WHO - Anyone over 18 who likes the outdoors. (HIKING EXPERIENCE NECESSARY)
WHERE - WEST DOG'S TEETH LANTAU ISLAND
(Exact meeting location will be sent to you after you register on our website)
Distance: 8.7 KM
Difficulty - Medium / Advanced
Total Ascent: 938 m
Total time: 5 hours
1. Explore Shek Pik reservoir built in 1978 and is a part of Lantau South Country Park
2. Marvel at the stunning and picturesque views of Lantau Island Shek Pik reservoir and mountain range.
3. Enjoy the hike from the west dog teeth trail to hades wall off to Ngong Ping
4. Experience the adrenaline rush as you hike on the narrow trail, climbing your way up to the mountain and a dizzying view of the cliff on the side. This hike is not for the faint-hearted and has a fear of heights.
5. Be fascinated by the stunning view of the wisdom path on its view deck.
6. Join the CAVA Community in Hong Kong!!
1. Meet at MUI WO Ferry at 6:30 am in Central Ferry Pier 6
2. We will travel to West Dog teeth via Mui Wo ferry. And catch a bus 1 or 2 to Old Shek Pik Police Station.
(Exact meeting location will be sent to you by your group leader after you register on the website)
3. We will meet at Mui Wo Ferry at Central Ferry Pier 6
4. Eat lunch by the hill (If you wish you can bring some light food to share)
5. We’ll hike down to Ngong Ping towards the Wisdom Path
6. Explore the temple and shops around Big Buddha and Ngong Ping village
say goodbye to all your new friends!!
7. Take bus no. 23 or 11 at Ngong Ping village Bus Terminus to Tung Chung MTR station.
CONTRIBUTION - $10 HKD
INCLUDES - website costs, meetups group costs, registration, leader expenses, insurance, and some drinks.
DOES NOT INCLUDE - Transport to Shek Pik Country Park
(PUBLIC TRANSPORT - estimated - 20HKD - When you join on the website you will be sent a transport sharing spreadsheet use this to share transport with others going on the adventure)
YOU MUST REGISTER on our website to join an adventure.
Signup is open!!
1. Sensible shoes - No flip-flops (hiking boots or trainers)
2. Gloves - Important for this Hike as we need to Climb.
3. Energy Gel / Salt sticks (Available at Decathlon or Escapade- ask the staff for assistance)
3. Water - You will need 2-3 liters of water for drinking.
4. Food to eat at the top - Light only (sandwich/ onigiri- available at 7Eleven or Circle K)
CAVA Hong Kong is a non-profit community devoted to preserving our environment by getting more people to interact with and appreciate our beautiful planet. All our adventures are run collaboratively and participants must help each other and their group leader during the adventure.
LEADER REFUND POLICY
STRICT - If you change your mind, you can cancel within 24 hours but after this, it is not possible to process a refund.
We hope you can come and enjoy this incredible place with us.
CAVA Adventures Team
This is a contribution for one person to join the Adventure with us.HK$30.00